Last updated : March 30, 2022
You will also find a description of your right to privacy and how the law protects you.
2. Our website
Our website smg-agency.co promotes our digital storytelling activity for businesses, whether start-ups, independent contractors or larger companies. This website is not intended for children and we do not intentionally collect data about children.
3. The personal data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual that can be used to identify it. This does not include information where the identity is hidden (anonymous data).
We collect a variety of information about our readers and visitors to the smg-agency.co website. This personal data is divided into different categories:
Identity Data includes title, first name and last name. If you interact with us via social networks, your username on them may be part of it.
Contact Data includes e-mail address and phone numbers.
Technical Data includes your IP address, login details, type and version of your browser, time zone and location, browser plug-in types and versions, your system and operating platform, and other technologies on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and our services.
Tracking Data includes information that we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixel tags, or mobile identifiers.
The Marketing and Communication Data includes your preferences regarding the receipt or not of emailings / newsletters from us or third parties, and your preferences in terms of communication.
Remember that if you choose not to share personal data with us or refuse certain contact permissions, we may not be able to provide the requested services.
4. How are your personal data collected?
We use various methods to collect data about you, including:
Direct interactions. You can provide us with your Identity Data, your Contact Data and your Financial Data by completing our forms or by contacting us by e-mail, chat or social network.
This includes the personal data that you give when you:
- sign up to receive the smg-agency.co newsletter;
- ask questions or ask to receive information;
- ask for a quote on our services;
- contact us on social networks;
- participate in a contest, promotion or survey;
- contact us; or
- leave comments or evaluations of our services (be nice!).
Automated technologies or interactions. While you interact with us, including on smg-agency.co, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, your actions and your browsing habits. We may also collect Tracking Data when you use our website or click on one of our advertisements (including those posted on third party sites).
Sources of third parties or publicly available. We may receive personal data about you from various types of third parties, including:
- Technical Data and / or Tracking Data from suppliers of analytics solutions, ad networks and information providers;
- Identity Data and Contact Data from data partners; and
- Data from any third party authorized by law to share your personal data with us or to whom you have given permission, such as social networks or evaluation sites.
5. Use of your personal data
We will only use your personal data in accordance with the law. Generally, your personal data will be used in the following cases:
To send you e-mailings and newsletters when you registered on the website
- In order to execute the contract we have or will sign with you. For example, when you order a service, it is a contract.
- When we must meet any legal or regulatory obligations. For example, for keeping our sales records in accordance with tax compliance.
In general, we do not rely on consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data, except where required by law, for example for sending direct marketing communications. When the legal foundation is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
See Explanations of the legal basis governing the treatment we do of your personal data to learn more about the legal principles on which we rely to process your personal data.
6. Explanations of the legal bases governing the treatment we do of your personal data
The table in the Appendix below describes all the ways in which we intend to use your personal data and the legal principles on which we rely to do so. We have also indicated our legitimate interests, if any.
Please note that we may process your personal data according to different legal bases depending on the specific purposes for which we use your data.
We do not perform automated decision making.
7. Your advertising, marketing and communication preferences
We may use your Identity Data, Contact Data, Technical Data, Tracking Data and Usage Data to get an idea of what you might want or need or what might interest you. . This is how we decide which services and offers are relevant to you and inform you. This is what we call direct marketing communication.
This can be conducted by e-mail. For example, you may receive the newsletter in your inbox.
On our site, we do our utmost to make you clear what we are doing and what communications you will receive, whether you decide to subscribe to the newsletter when you visit the site. You also have the right to change your mind at any time and refuse (but we will be sad to see you leave, give us a chance by setting your preferences before leaving us!). The simplest way to refuse is to click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the communication.
There are of course many different ways to advertise and you will see smg-agency.co in various places. These methods are not all based on the use of personal data. Sometimes, as before, we buy advertising spaces in the real world or on websites and social networks. If you see advertisements smg-agency.co on websites and social networks, they may not be aimed at you personally, it is possible that we have just reserved the space. Some of the actions we lead are specifically for you:
- e-mails, for example the newsletter;
We work with partners to try to promote the reach of our ads. We use data analysis for this purpose. We use Tracking Data to produce relevant online advertisements, including through websites or social networks.
Tracking Data, and in particular cookies, allows us to display advertisements on the most relevant websites and social networks for you and for potential new customers of smg-agency.co. The cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our site by specialized companies.
Cookies can also tell us if you have seen a specific advertisement and for how long. This is useful for controlling the effectiveness of our ads and the number of times they are viewed (we do not take the risk of becoming annoying). Cookies also allow us to know if you have opened our e-mail marketing because we do not want to send you things that you will not read.
If you would like more information about Tracking Data, especially cookies, see the Cookies section below.
Virtually all advertising-related cookies are part of third-party online advertising networks. If you’d like to learn more about how to control the ads you see online, check out the opt-out programs set out by the Digital Advertising Alliance (US), the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and European Alliance for Ethics in Digital Advertising. We do not control cookies installed by ad networks.
Some cookies collect information about how visitors use smg-agency.co: for example, which pages are most often visited or if error messages have appeared on certain pages. These cookies do not collect information to identify a visitor. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and used to improve the functioning of smg-agency.co.
When using smg-agency.co, your device or browser may receive third-party cookies, for example when using embedded content and social networking links. It is important for you to know that we have no access or control over the cookies used by these companies or third party sites. We advise you to consult the website of the third party for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
9. Disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- The SendInBlue marketing platforms, which we use to send you emails; and
- online payment and e-commerce tools such as ThriveCart, Stripe and PayPal, which we use for our online shop; and
- professional auditors and advisers such as bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- the government, regulators and the police.
10. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, modified, disclosed or accessed without authorization. In addition, access to your personal data is restricted to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties on a need-to-know basis. They will process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and are subject to the obligation of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any alleged violation of personal data. You and any competent regulator will be notified of such violation when required by law.
11. Links to third party sites
12. Retention of data
Your personal data will only be kept for the time necessary to implement what they were collected for. This includes legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In order to determine the appropriate period of retention of your personal data, we take into account the quantity, nature and sensitivity of such data, the potential risk of harm caused by unauthorized use or disclosure, the purpose of their processing and the possibility of achieving this goal by other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In accordance with the law, for tax purposes we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact Data, Identity Data) six years from the time they cease to be our customers.
In some cases, you may ask us to delete your data. See Your legal rights below for more information.
In some cases, we anonymize your personal data (so that they are no longer associated) for statistical or research purposes, in which case we may use them indefinitely, without further notice.
13. Your legal rights
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have the following rights regarding your personal data, in accordance with data protection legislation:
- The right of access: the right to make a request for access to your personal data in order to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right of rectification: the right to ask us to rectify personal data about you that is incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure, also known as the “right to be forgotten”: in some cases, you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (except if there is a legal reason imperious which obliges us to preserve them);
- The right to limit processing: you have the right in some cases to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data;
- The right to portability of data: you have the right to request a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example a .csv file);
- The right of opposition: you have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data (for example, by prohibiting us from processing your data for direct marketing purposes); and
- The rights related to Automated Individual Decision and Profiling: You have the right to ask us to be transparent about any profiling we do or any automated decisions
Contact us if you wish to exercise any of the rights described above (see How to contact smg-agency.co about privacy).
You will not have to pay any fees for access to your personal data (or for the exercise of any other right). However, we may charge you a reasonable fee if your request is manifestly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. In this case, we may also refuse to respond to your request.
We may ask you for specific information in order to confirm your identity and to ensure your right of access to your personal data (or to exercise any other right). This is a security measure to ensure that this personal data is not delivered to a person not authorized to receive it. We may also contact you to obtain more information about your request, in order to give you a faster answer.
We try to answer all legitimate requests within a month. This period of one month may be exceeded if your request is particularly complex or if you have done more than one. In this case, we will notify you and keep you informed.
14. How to contact SMG Agency about privacy
15. A small request from SMG Agency
It is important that the personal data we have about you is correct and up-to-date. Please inform us of any changes to your personal data as long as you are in contact with us. To do this, contact us by e-mail at: hello [at] smg-agency.co.
Tableau récapitulatif utilisation des données :